Breast Augmentation Financing
For women who are unhappy with their breasts, whether due to dissatisfaction with size, shape, or firmness, breast augmentation is a great way to improve breast appearance. The costs of breast augmentation are determined by a number of factors including implant size, incision type, surgeon experience, and other specific needs of the patient. Sometimes, the costs can make breast augmentation seem out of reach for many patients who would greatly benefit from this treatment. Fortunately, at the Washington DC based cosmetic surgery practice, Millennium Medical, the team offers financing options to make breast augmentation affordable for most budgets.
Choices in Breast Augmentation and Effect on Cost
Each breast augmentation procedure is unique to the individual and will be priced based on the patient’s needs and wants. There are many factors that can effect the cost of breast augmentation surgery. Some of the biggest factors are incision type, implant type, and surgeon experience.
The type of incision used to place the breast implant can affect the cost of the surgery, as some incisions are more technical and require more skill. The type of incisions include:
- Inframammary:The inframammary technique is often associated with the lowest costs as it is less complicated than other incision techniques. The inframammary technique is done by creating an incision within the natural crease of breast.
- Periareolar:The periareaolar incision technique is generally more costly than the inframmary technique and is performed by creating an incision around the areolar. Scarring is then hidden along the breast's natural areolar line.
- Transaxillary:The transaxillary incision often costs more than the other incision techniques. This is because the transaxillary approach requires the implant to be inserted through an incision made in the underarm. This approach is the only incision technique that leaves the breast free of scarring, but it is more complicated to perform.
Breast augmentation costs are also affected by the type of implant used, saline or silicone, as well as size (larger implants will be more expensive). Both options have their pros and cons. The type of implant you choose is best determined between you and your doctor.
- Saline implants:Saline implants are typically less expensive than silicone implants. Saline implants are silicone shells filled with a salt water, or saline, solution. Saline is safe for the body, so in the event of an implant rupture, the saline solution will easily absorb into the tissue.
- Silicone implants:Silicone implants are completely filled with silicone gel, making them more natural looking and feeling, which also results in a higher cost.
Breast Augmentation Prices and Payment Options
Breast augmentation surgery cost will vary based on the needs of the individual, along with surgeon experience, but in general can range from $5,000 to $12,000. Breast augmentation can be paid for in different ways. Some patients choose to save up for surgery while others have enjoyed the benefits of paying in monthly installments with such third party medical financiers as CareCredit. CareCredit specializes in providing lines of credit just for medical procedures like breast augmentation. For your personalized pricing, we invite you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Rassael where you can also discuss your payment options.