Correct Damage and Improve Aesthetics with Earlobe Repair Surgery
By Hadi Rassael on June 07, 2014
Dr. Hadi Michael Rassael is a surgeon who dedicates his practice to helping patients enhance their natural beauty with cosmetic treatments and surgery. Because the needs of each patient are unique, Dr. Rassael offers a full range of facial cosmetic surgery services that allow patients to address their own areas of insecurity. One procedure offered to our Washington DC patients is earlobe repair surgery. Although the earlobes are a small area of the body, they do play an important role in framing the face and are a popular site for jewelry adornment. As such, a damaged earlobe can significantly affect the way a person feels about his or her appearance. By performing earlobe repair surgery, Dr. Rassael can restore the appearance of the ear while improving patient confidence.
Earlobe surgery is an option for most of our patients because it is a safe and minimally invasive procedure. While the exact procedure will vary based on the type and extent of damage being repaired, earlobe repair surgery is often performed in-office with the use of local anesthesia. Because general anesthesia is not used, this eliminates many of the usual risks of surgery, making it a viable option for just about any patient. Earlobe surgery is used to correct the following imperfections:
- An earlobe that has been stretched and hangs down too low
- An especially large earlobe
- An earlobe with a slit, or enlarged piercing
- A torn earlobe
- Aesthetic abnormalities
Whether these imperfections are a result of genetics, injury, damage from jewelry, or piercings, Dr. Rassael can help.
Each earlobe repair procedure is unique and is carefully planned to meet the specific needs of the patient. Below are brief descriptions of the techniques that Dr. Rassael may employ for each of the aesthetic concerns a patient may have regarding the earlobes:
- Stretched or large earlobes: Earlobes that have been stretched in length or those that are naturally large will likely be corrected by removing excess tissue. After the removal of the tissue, Dr. Rassael can shape the earlobe as desired and carefully close the incision with small stitches.
- A torn or split earlobe: Torn or split earlobes can often be closed using very small sutures. If any other damage or stretching has occurred, Dr. Rassael can reshape the earlobe as necessary.
- Other abnormalities: The correction for other abnormalities will depend on the situation. The procedure may include removal of damaged earlobe tissue. All alterations will be made with precision and an artistic eye for detail.
Whatever the type or extent of earlobe surgery may be, patients can be confident in the fact that Dr. Rassael will reconstruct the earlobe to a natural and aesthetically pleasing appearance.
Earlobe surgery can be enhanced by additional cosmetic procedures. Dr. Rassael offers a range of procedures that can bring symmetry, balance, and rejuvenationto the features of the face and neck. Dr. Rassael is happy to discuss any of these procedures in further detail.
Schedule a Consultation
Because each case of earlobe repair is unique, the best way to learn how Dr. Hadi Rassael can improve the appearance of your ears is to meet in person to discuss the details of your case. If you are interested in earlobe repair, we invite you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Rassael at your earliest convenience. We look forward to meeting you!
Related to This
“I highly recommend them for any type of surgery. No matter where you are in the world, this doctor and his team are the best to visit.” Neneh K.